I am, admittedly, a writer not a programmer but I have a sufficiently developed left brain that I can muck about with Wiki Markup Language and get things done. Perhaps not elegantly so, but I'm learning as I go.
I was very excited when I ran across this post about a book template, as I've just started a collaborative blogging project with another writer. The automatic numbering feature and elegant little buttons that lead from one piece to the next are just stunning. It seemed to me that this template would work really well for our collaborative effort with just a bit of customization. And that naive assumption is where the trouble began…
So I cloned the template as a new site http://jtd.wikidot.com/ and set to work. The problem is that we're writing articles for a blog, not a book. So we need neither chapters nor appendicies. I thought it would be a snap to change the titles to something more appropriate, but have been unable to do so because I can't get into the module where those terms are set up (don't laugh, I already feel like an idiot). Ideally, I'd like to pop in and set up three levels for this: Project, Topic, and Article, then get on with the writing.
It strikes me that this bit of customization might make a nice variation on the book template, targeting journalists and bloggers who write serial pieces.